Saturday 4 September 2010

There's no place like home.

Dear readers,

In these desperate times I am forced to come to you from a Word Document which is later to be published onto the internet, because the internet is down and I tried to fix it, but it really doesn’t want to be fixed, so I couldn’t fix it. So I have to wait for my dad to wake up, who had a long drive yesterday and therefore will not be getting up until like two in the afternoon. So I thought “oh well, I can’t write a blog post, but I’ll go on Faceb- no, wait, that’s on the internet... I’ll go on Happy Pe- no, that’s on Facebook”. So I’m just going to chill this morning, try not to get bored, stick a couple of posters up, maybe and have a rant at a Word Document, which is staring at me like “THIS PROGRAM IS TOO FANCY FOR YOUR SLOPPY RANTS AND RAVES. GO AWAY YOU COMMONER!”, but I’m going nowhere. So, I’ll check you guys on the internet later!

WARNING: I GO A LITTLE OVER THE TOP IN WORD DOCUMENTS BECAUSE DURING A PREVIOUS STATE OF DEPRESSION I WROTE DOWN ALL MY THOUGHTS IN ONE TO GET IT OUT OF MY SYSTEM, BUT NOT TO TALK TO ANYONE BECAUSE I THOUGHT THEY’D JUDGE ME, AND THEREFORE I AM USED TO SPILLING OUT SOPPY FEELINGS, EXTREME ANGER AND ALL OF THE INSANE STUFF THAT IS REALLY GOING THROUGH MY HEAD; TRUST ME GUYS, WHAT YOU’VE SEEN IS JUST THE SURFACE OF INSANITY – CHECK THIS.

So I’ll try to be on my best behaviour, I mean, I don’t think I’m depressed anymore, so I don’t think I really feel strongly about anything right now, so maybe I’ll be able to keep stuff in better. Because it’s nice to shut your damn mouth to save other people hurt. Sorry, there I go again. But that was the last time, I swear... more or less...

Home sweet home. Yes, after like 300 miles of travelling I am back, and you want to know where from? York. Yup, I’m willing to tell you know, because now I’m home and, well, you can’t really do much when I’m home. It’s when I’m out that you would be able to do some damage, but don’t, please, because I’m afraid I may have to set one of your treasured possessions on fire. Nah, I shouldn’t joke – fire is not a toy. DON’T PLAY WITH MATCHES, MY SOLDIERS! Yes, you are my soldier now, because I thought it sounded a lot nicer than minions – more of a family thing. Hey, maybe I could even make you my brothers at some point! But for now - my soldiers. I love you guys. Anywho, to which Word is screaming “NO, YOU IMBECILE, IT’S SPELT WRONG! THAT’S WHAT THE RED LINE MEANS! YOU EVEN FAIL TO UNDERSTAND THE SIMPLY LANUAGE OF COLOURED LINES!”, and I’m like “yeah, shut up”, I had a long journey, both in the car (like over 600 miles there and back) and all over Yorkshire. Is Yorkshire the county? Probably. Wasn’t Corey from Yorkshire? I think he was. There’s less than a million to one chance of him reading this, since I haven’t spoken to him for three years or something, but if he is, HI COREY! –massive wave attack- IT’S KATIE, REMEMBER? YOUR HAIR WAS COOL, BUT I DIDN’T REALISE IT AT THE TIME, SO I HAVE TO SAY IT NOW. I’m going to go and find him on Facebook when the internet comes back up.

Sorry, back to York. Ten days, I was away. You may have read a previous post that told you a little about it, and since I can’t just copy/paste the general details right now because the internet is down, I’ll still do my best to hyperlink. Wait, I can’t, because I wrote that post on the laptop, and therefore my computer does not have the link. –sigh- But remind me to post it HERE. – [Who ya gonna call? GHOST BUSTERS.].

Hmm. Now I don’t know what I posted and what I didn’t, so I’ll ignore the general details and get on with my adventures. If you want to read about my ghost-adventure-thing-that-scared-me-dearly check this link – [Who ya gonna call? GHOST BUSTERS.]. So, what haven’t I said...

Whitby - where the idea of Dracula was thought up by whoever wrote it. I don’t have the internet to look up who wrote it, and if I ask my mum I’ll get a history lesson and then she’ll be staring over my shoulder the whole time I’m writing this. So yeah, you can look it up yourselves, because if you’re reading this you have internet access or you’re crawling around inside my computer. Go away, hackers, I’ve had enough of you! Bleh, look it up. So, with the essence of Dracula popular among tourists, there are a couple of gothic shops about. Everyone was going in there and picking up things and going “ooh! Look at these weird things! Can’t you imagine Dracula wearing that? Only vampires use this sort of stuff”, but I genuinely went in there to go day-to-day clothes shopping. Since our local goth/emo shop closed down I’ve had to order things from, -sniff-, NEXT! I know, it’s terrible. The women’s clothes are just ugly floral patterns, like you get on old sofas and curtains. Who wants to wear a curtain?! – Romans excluded, ‘cos they ALWAYS wore curtains. Harhar. So yeah, I checked out two of them. There were probably more, but on that day Whitby was jam packed and therefore had a horrible rushed atmosphere, so we didn’t stay long, unfortunately. There first one I went in was a genuine goth shop – not any of this crappy tourist stuff – so I went in there and grabbed an Evil Teddy t-shirt. Is Evil Teddy made by Poizen Industries? Either way, I presume Evil Teddy and Bye-Bye Kitty are made by the same company. My mum doesn’t pay for my cult clothes, only the normal ones, and I only had £30 since I just sold some Beanie Babies on Ebay, and my dad gave me a tenner of that. In case you are unfamiliar of the term “tenner”, that’s £10, my darlings. But I can’t be bothered to change it, because I like writing long-winded explanations anyway. Yeah, beautiful shop, but I didn’t have the money to stay. The Great Goth, it was called. You should check it out if you’re ever up that way and are a little bit dark. I’m happy to advertise it, ‘cos it was cool.

As for the second goth shop, I can’t remember what it was called, but it was a load of rubbish. It was purely a tourist thing, for people to prod at and laugh at what the damned like to treat themselves with. £30 for a pair of plain black gloves my ass - I’m not paying that. So I just looked around, a bit of an outcast since I was genuinely shopping rather than making fun of people reflecting their emotions in their appearance. I nearly bought some stuff, but then I thought I could get much better value-for-money elsewhere, and left.

I’ll try and shorten things now, but Word Documents do encourage me to write down everything.

What else... I’m just going to list stuff as I think of it, to encourage me to write less and to get more done. So: Sea Life Center – a cool place with seals and more cool stuff that totally murdered my phone’s battery because I kept taking pictures of EVERYTHING, Trincomalee – a boat with some cool ship-things on it – por example: plastic pigs, Betty’s – an uber-posh mobile-free cafe thing with yummy ice-cream, York wall or whatever it was called – a wall that used to surround York.

Animal stuffs! ‘Cos we were slap bang in the middle of the country, so we saw some stuff. We saw -clears throat- a barn owl, a hedgehog, some grouse, A CAT ON A CHAIR, a goat in the field next to us, a pike, pipefish, HUGE CRAB, shrimps –shudder-, a loach, EEL SPINE (which is an animal to me, ‘cos it was cool) and stuff. And this was all in the wild, not in the Sea Life Center or anything. We spent the day at a beach and found a lot of saltwater stuff. What are those little common rock pool fish called? We caught some of those too. Out of these animals we caught three pipefish, HUGE CRAB, three baby-baby crabs, on baby crab (well, not baby, not child either, but it had nothing on Borris, or HUGE CRAB. This crab was called George, harhar.), a loach, LOADS of the little common fishies that I don’t know the name of, and, technically, the cat too.

Yeah, that’s enough for now. Check you later, my soliders.

No comments:

Post a Comment